Summer is upon us (even if it may not feel like it quite yet) so why not make the most of the warmer weather and longer days and get outside? Whether you venture out with your children, grandchildren or friends, getting outside, breathing in the fresh air and soaking up the sunshine are great ways to boost your mood, and will make you want to do so again and again. Today we bring you three ways on how to get active with your family and friends this season, whether you venture wide or stay close to home.
Kids Love The Trips To The Park and Beach
Visiting your local park or beach are both great locations for yourself and the children to let off steam and burn off built-up energy. Whether you’re able to get involved with their games or you sit and watch, being in the sunshine for just 10-15 minutes a day is long enough for your body to absorb the sunlight to create Vitamin D, vital for keeping your bones healthy. However, remember to take sunscreen with you and apply it regularly, and try to sit in the shade between 11am-3pm to avoid the midday sun (and potential burning).
While getting involved is great you may feel it’s not possible for you, especially if you suffer from mobility issues. If you feel unstable when walking why not purchase a walking stick or triwalker to help you on your way?
- Folding Walking Stick Glow Grip: This ergonomic, folding walking stick is not only incredibly sturdy but is fitted with a glow-in-the-dark handle, helpful for when it gets dark. Weight limit: 21 stone (135kg).
- Walking Stick Umbrella: Don’t want to carry both a stick and an umbrella? Then why not purchase the Walking Stick Umbrella! Its ingenious design combines both so you’ll never get caught out again.
- CareCo Sanandres Tri-Walker: This budget tri-walker is great for getting out with the grandkids to the park, or just taking a few steps out into the garden. It has a handy storage bag for cuddly toys, snacks and drinks! It also folds up to easily fit in the car.
Introduce The Kids To British Landmarks
Why not take advantage of what’s around you and visit some of the UK’s best landmarks? Whether you visit your local heritage site, a petting farm, a zoo, or maybe even travel to London, there’s plenty to see and do up and down the country. Sight seeing is a relaxing and fun way to spend time with the grandchildren, especially if you can teach them something along the way.
- CareCo Glider: Fitted with a padded seat and backrest, the CareCo Glider is ideal for taking a break on whilst you’re adventuring outside. Plus, with its underseat storage you’re able to keep all of your essentials safe. Maximum weight: 21 stone (135kg).
Gardening With Your Grandchildren
Want to stay closer to home? Why not get the grandchildren involved in a spot of gardening? This gentle yet effective activity is great for developing dexterity in your wrists and hands, while it encourages little ones to continue their learning outside. Our range of gardening products will help you to prune and tidy without bending and straining your back. Kids love digging up potatoes and carrots and they can help wash and peel them for lunch too.
Latest posts by Will Harrison (see all)
- Warehouse Clearance Sale – 16th to 19th Jan – Brentwood - January 6, 2020
- The CareCo Black Friday Sale Has Started – Amazing Discounts! - November 22, 2019
- CareCo Is Ready For Brexit - October 25, 2019