Frequently Asked Questions
You simply need to call us and provide your order number, postcode and serial number - this will validate the warranty. Your warranty starts from the date you receive the product.
If products are faulty
It's our legal duty to supply products that are fit for purpose and meet satisfactory quality requirements.
As a customer, it's your legal right to receive either a refund, repair or replacement for products that are either faulty or not what you expected as per the Consumer Rights Act.
We'll offer resolutions based on the timelines outlined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for products purchased from 1st October 2015 onwards, and those outlined in the Sale of Goods Act for those bought prior to this date.
- If a fault has been confirmed with your new product within 30 days of delivery, you can return it in exchange for a full refund.
- If you find a fault with your product after the 30 day cut off (but within 6 months of owning it) we have the choice to either repair or replace it for you. If it's not possible for us to offer a repair or replacement, we have the right to offer a partial refund or return the product and receive a full refund.
- If you find a fault after 6 months of owning the product and you can prove the defect was present when we delivered it, we'll follow the same processes that are outlined in point 2.
- You can get advice regarding your legal rights from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- The manufacturers will supply a warranty in addition to your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. You will receive a 1 year warranty which covers parts and labour (some exceptions will apply please refer to the individual owner's manual). If an engineer call out is required then a charge will be made in advance which will be refundable if a manufacturing fault is confirmed.
- Please also note that our warranties only cover domestic use; items for use in commercial properties might not be covered.
- Please note: We charge an £80 refundable fee to in-warranty customers for engineer call outs. This fee is to be paid over the phone prior to the call out. The call out charge is refundable only in the event that the inspection finds a manufacturing fault. If a manufacturing fault is not found, the engineer call-out will be treated as ‘out of warranty’ and the charge will apply.
Our warranty does not cover items used outside of the UK mainland and does not include the cost of the hire of a replacement product(s). For items purchased outside of mainland UK, we can provide a return to base warranty at our discretion and at your cost.
Our warranties provide coverage only if you maintain or use the product as directed. For example, our warranty covers only personal uses - as opposed to business uses - of the product. If there are multiple users of the product then we would not cover any product faults. Please note that if you have made any modifications to the product then this invalidates the manufacturer's warranty and CareCo's guarantee.
The contract made between us and all our and your rights and obligations shall be governed by English law and any disputes arising under it shall be heard in the English Courts.
If you have a complaint about CareCo UK Ltd you can contact us in writing as follows:
By Writing us a letter:
Unit 1, Turing Court, Great Notley, Braintree, CM77 7AT
By calling us on 0333 015 5000
By emailing us at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you are entitled to pursue alternative dispute resolution by referring your complaint to the BHTA, Suite 4,6, 4th Floor, The Loom, 14 Gower's Walk, London, E1 8PY.
Telephone number 0207 702 2141
Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of our products come with a 12 month manufacturing warranty. Some products do come with an extended warranty, this will be stated in the back of your user manual. Please note: Batteries are considered a consumable item. These include a 6-month manufacturer's warranty.
Yes you can. If you decide that you want to purchase extended cover for your item whilst still within the first 12 months warranty you can extend your cover up to 4 years. If you are outside the first 12 month warranty you can only extend it by 1 additional year. If you contact our Sales Team they can explain the options to you.
So long as you have a long term medical condition (that doesn't consist of broken bones) this will entitle you to VAT exemption - for example arthritis, dementia, stroke etc.
You need to call us on the day of the delivery taking place to log the damages - please be advised that photos will be required.
You need to contact our Customer Service Team who will ask you a series of troubleshooting questions and will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
We do sell spare parts, although we do not hold them in stock. We would order these in from the manufacturers for you.
We don't have our own servicing department but we do have a partnership company that we highly recommend. If you call our Customer Service Team we can provide you with their details. Alternatively you can contact our Sales Team and they can tell you about our service plans we have available.
We do recommend that you charge your product on a regular basis for a minimum of 12 hours. If you are a frequent user we recommend charging the product after every use for 12 hours minimum (for example, everyday use). If you use the product irregularly we would recommend that you charge the product at least once a week for 12hours.
Yes you can use your scooter in the rain. If it is snowing or icy, stay at home! Remember that ice, snow and slippery surfaces such as manhole covers, wet grass and drains could affect braking and steering. Use caution at all times. However, we do advise you to be fully equipped with a waterproof accessory pack to avoid water getting into the electrical components, so why not purchase our accessory pack at just £79.99. We do advise you to attempt to avoid heavy downpours as this can put the scooter at risk of water damage; if you do get caught in the rain we would highly recommend you dry the scooter thoroughly when arriving home.
Yes we do. If you call our Sales Team they will explain the benefits of being a CareCo Membership holder for just a small fee of £20.00 per year!
We accept online payments in a secure environment using Secure Socket Layering technology (SSL) by credit card, or debit card. This means that on any page where you enter your personal information such as credit card details, the information sent to us is encrypted to safeguard your details. Encryption prevents other internet users from accessing this information.
You can pay at CareCo with the following cards:
- Visa Electron
We also accept PayPal
If you have any questions about what methods of payment we take please contact email@example.com for more information.