When travelling out and about in your wheelchair you can face a whole host of ‘keeping comfortable’ obstacles: wind, rain, the cold, joint and back pain, storage issues – the list is endless. That’s not to say that there aren’t solutions to these problems! CareCo stock a wide range of wheelchair accessories that have been designed to aid and support you when you’re using your chair, all top quality items at the lowest prices.
If you use a wheelchair on a regular basis you’ll know that sitting for long periods of time can become uncomfortable and can even cause sores and ulcers, as the sitting position puts a lot of pressure on your lower back. A wheelchair cushion provides a soft layer between your body and the chair’s upholstery, and will give you the support you need.
- CareCo Cushion: Although cheap in price the 2″ thick CareCo Cushion doesn’t skimp on comfort. Available in two width sizes to suit your wheelchair, this cushion is a wallet-friendly solution to your aches and pains.
- CareCo 2″ Gel Pressure Relief Cushion: Designed with long-lasting comfort in mind, the Gel Pressure Relief Cushion is unlike any other. With a gel pouch surrounded by a fire retardant foam shell and waterproof nylon top, this cushion will not lose its shape or flatten after long periods of use. Also available in a 3″ model.
- Wheelchair Pillow Cushion: This T-shaped cushion will fit most wheelchair models, and is incredibly soft yet hard-wearing. Designed to reduce friction between your body and the chair frame/seat, this pillow-like cushion will keep you comfortable during every journey.
- Homecraft Visco Wave Cushion: Crafted with a waved visco upper layer and a high density foam bottom, this Wave Cushion is ideal of anyone who spends long hours in a wheelchair or day-care chair, helping to prevent ulcers and sores.
Wheelchair Capes & Covers
The last thing you want when using your wheelchair outside is to be soaked by an unexpected downpour, so why not purchase a Splash Wheelchair Poncho for those ‘caught without a coat’ moments.
For those of you who want to be able to use your hands and arms whilst sitting in your wheelchair – or for those using a self-propelled wheelchair – why not try the Splash Wheelchair Sleeved Mac. Both waterproof and windproof, this Mac has an elasticated hem which fits completely around the chair’s footrests, with access at the back for the handles to be used by an attendant. Available in two sizes and as a Deluxe version (including a brushed cotton lining for extra warmth), this Mac is great for any active wheelchair uses looking for protection from the elements.
More Great Accessories
Alongside products that can keep you comfortable and covered, CareCo stock a wide variety of items that can enhance your wheelchair experience. Below is our list of must-have items that will aid you in your day-to-day activities.
- Wheelchair Pushing Gloves: Ideal for any self-propelled wheelchair users, these open-finger gloves have a padded leather palm that’ll relieve pressure on your hands and ligaments whilst driving your chair.
- CareCo Universal Bag: Designed for use with mobility scooters and wheelchairs, this CareCo exclusive fits snugly onto the back of your seat, keeping your personal items safe and within reach.
- Wheelchair/Walker Stick Holder: This holder easily attaches to most wheelchairs, keeping your walking stick in easy reach.
- Wheelchair Pannier Storage Bag: Ideal of packing away your wheelchair for storage or transportation, this bag will keep your chair protected for the duration. Fitted with padded handles, a removable shoulder strap, and a clear pocket for showing your personal contact details, this Storage Bag is great value for money.
If you’d like to know more or are unsure as to what product would be best for you, feel free to contact our friendly customer service team on 0800 111 4774.
Visit our wheelchair accessories shop to find more great products.
- Best Wheelchairs For Working At An Office Desk - June 27, 2019
- A Self Propelled Wheelchair and Transit Chair Combined: I-GO Airrex - June 3, 2019
- The Best Lightweight Self-Propelled Wheelchairs For Travel and Everyday Use - May 14, 2019