Most people who own riser recliner chairs can’t imagine life without one as they’re one of the most used items of furniture in their home. We want to help you get the most out of yours and make sure it stays in tip-top condition for many years to come.
Your recliner chair should always be comfortable and give you the right level of support.
It’s vital that you or a loved one checks your riser recliner chair regularly. They’re mechanical items so need more care and attention than a standard chair would.
- Always leave your chair in the upright position when you’re not using it.
- Never allow anyone to sit on the footrest.
- If your floor is uneven, make sure you adjust the feet of your chair so that it sits level.
- Make sure that no objects fall underneath the chair as they can cause an obstruction.
- Never move your chair outside, they’re designed for indoor use only.
- Never put anything on your external transformer.
- Make sure you teach any children that the chair isn’t for playing on. Make sure you remove the key/hide the remote when you’re not around.
- Clean your chair regularly by hoovering it and using a fabric care kit. This should remove any stains and help keep your recliner looking at its best. If you notice any rips or tears, make sure you get them fixed ASAP.
- Plump up your cushions and turn them regularly.
- To avoid colour fading, try to position your chair away from direct sunlight.
We would recommend that you get your chair checked over by engineer, ideally once a year. If you would like to purchase one of our Service Plans then why not give our customer service team a call on 0800 611 8022 to arrange this.
Pop along to one of our mobility showrooms to try out a chair before you buy.
Latest posts by Erika Grange (see all)
- Get Maximum Comfort at Discount Prices with the MaxiComfort Armchair Range - May 24, 2019
- Chairs and Seating for Care Homes - May 15, 2019
- Find Therapeutic Comfort with the WiseLift EnduraLux Rise & Recline Chair - March 4, 2019